SkyDesk Support Integration
SkyDesk Support integration with SkyDesk Projects allows you to submit tickets as issues from within SkyDesk Support. If you use both SkyDesk Support and Issue Tracker for your business, you can quickly add issues and track their status to closure.
Before you begin:
- Subscribe to the Enterprise edition of Issue Tracker and SkyDesk Support.
- Activate the Issue Tracker under Setup in SkyDesk Support.
- Portal Owner alone can activate SkyDesk Support and Issue Tracker integration.
To get started with the setup, you need to get the administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC key from your SkyDesk Projects account. The ZSC key is used to communicate between SkyDesk Support and SkyDesk Projects.
To copy the ZSC Key:
- Login to SkyDesk Projects (http://www.skydesk.jp/en/apps/projects/) as a Portal Owner.
- Navigate to Setup > Developer Space.
- Copy the e-mail address and the associated ZSC Key for integrating Issue Tracker and SkyDesk Support.
- You can also click Regenerate Key to get a new ZSC Key to be provided in SkyDesk Support
You now need to integrate Issue Tracker with SkyDesk Support to file issues from SkyDesk Support.
To integrate Issue Tracker with Desk:
- Login to SkyDesk Support ( http://www.skydesk.jp/en/apps/support/) as an Administrator.
- Click Setup.
- Click SkyDesk (listed under Marketplace).
- Select SkyDesk Projects Issue Tracker Integration and then click Configuration.
- Enter issue tracker email ID in SkyDesk Projects Administrator Email Address and ZSC key.
- Click Authenticate.
- Select the desired department.
- Select the desired project.
- You can map a department in SkyDesk Support to a related project in SkyDesk Projects to route the issues. You can associate a department with multiple projects.
- Click Save to add issues from SkyDesk Support.
Once you have integrated Issue Tracker and SkyDesk Support, you can start filing issues from SkyDesk Support into Issue Tracker.
To report issues from SkyDesk Support:
- Login to SkyDesk Support.
- Click on a support ticket to view its details.
and then click File an Issue.
- In File an Issue you can find the relevant Issue Tracker Project and Issue Titlepre-selected.
- Click Submit to file the support request as an issue in the selected project in Issue Tracker.
- Click on an issue to view the ticket details. You can use the navigation icons to scroll through the tickets.
- Issue Information section displays more information about the issue in SkyDesk Support.
- Support tickets can be delinked from the issue by clicking the Delink Bug option from the details page in SkyDesk Support.
- You can set business rules for issues reported from SkyDesk Support using Update SkyDesk Support option in Issue Tracker.
- Issues reported from SkyDesk Support are exclusively displayed in Issues from SkyDesk Support option in the Predefined Views in Issue Tracker.
- Any response to the support tickets will be pushed to Feeds immediately. Click on Support icon to view details. Click on individual ticket to view details in SkyDesk Support.
- The update will show up on the Notifications tab as and when there is a reply to a support ticket.
- Comments are synced between SkyDesk Support and SkyDesk Projects. When the support team comments on a ticket, the corresponding issue and the feed is updated. The other tickets linked to the same issue will not be updated.
- If a user comments on an issue, all the tickets linked to it will be updated with the comment.
- Comment attachments are synced between the issue and the ticket. Attachment added to comment of a ticket will be synced with the issue and not with other tickets.
- View ticket ID when comments from SkyDesk Support are pushed to SkyDesk Projects.