SkyDesk Mail allows you to create custom Subfolders under Inbox or other folders for better classification of your mails. You can also create Custom Folders as Root folders, parallel to the Inbox. You can create folders in any levels to organize them hierarchically in your preferred order.
- ​Click on the '+' icon next to the Folders menu
- The Create Folder dialog box appears.
- Type the desired folder name.
- By default, there will be '/' showing that the new folder will be a root folder, parallel to Inbox.
- You can also specify and select the name of the 'Parent folder', under which you want to create it as a Subfolder.
- The New Folder will be created with the specified name and under the preferred path.
You can also use the 'Create a Subfolder' option from the Right-click menu. In this, the 'Parent folder' gets pre-filled with the selected folder name.
- To rename a Custom folder, select 'Rename' option from the Right-click menu.
- SkyDesk Mail also provides a feature that lets you to share entire folders with your organization members. Click here to know more.
When you delete a folder, the folder and its entire contents are moved to Trash. They will be deleted permanently when the Trash is emptied manually or by the system.
- Right click the folder to be deleted.
- Select ‘Delete this Folder’ option.
- An alert will appear.
- Click Ok to confirm deletion.
- If you have a rule to move incoming messages to the folder, the filters associated with the folder will be automatically deleted.
- If you do not want to delete the associated filters, cancel deletion, navigate to the filters page and modify the filter settings to point another folder before deleting the folder.
You can clear the messages in the folder using the Empty Folder option. Right Click on a folder and select Empty Folder. The following options will be available to clear the messages in the folder.
- 'Delete Entire Folder'
All the messages in the folder will be deleted and the messages will be moved to Trash folder.
- 'Delete messages that arrived up-to date'
This option helps you to delete the messages based on date. When you choose a date here, the messages older than the particular date will be deleted and moved to Trash folder.
- 'Delete all messages except the recent n messages'
This option helps you to delete messages based on count. When you specify a count here, the specified number of messages will be retained in the folder. Messages exceeding this number will be moved to the Trash folder. from Empty, SkyDesk Mail also provides Archive feature to archive the emails for future reference. The detailed information about Archive feature is available in this help page.