Attachment Viewer offers a single consolidated view of all the attachments received. This mainly addresses the issue of attachment disorder due to numerous emails and forwards.
Attachment viewer consolidates the emails from all the applications in a single place. You can view the attachments sent to you by email, or shared to you via Streams or added in your Tasks or Notes in the centralized view. The files are neatly sorted based on their types:
- Media Files
- Compressed Files and
- Other types
You can select any thumbnail to preview the attachments. They can be previewed directly without having to download the entire attachments. Also, if the files attached are Documents/ Spreadsheets or Presentations, you can directly view the attachments using the embedded SkyDesk Writer/ Sheet/ Show applications.
The attachment viewer can also be used to directly preview the media files, in case you receive a video or audio file attachment. Only the compressed files and certain other types of files need to be downloaded to view them. Such attachments cannot be previewed.
You can mark an attachment as a favorite, directly open the linked email, send a new email with the attachment, upload the file to cloud or add a tag to the attachment from thumbnail view itself.
All the quick actions are also available in the Preview Attachment mode. Further, you can search and list the other attachments from the sender or list all the attachments of the same type from the Preview mode.
From the attachment viewer window, you can select multiple attachments and send them as an email.
- Click the Attachment Viewer icon.
- Select the attachments that you'd like to send.
Click the Attach to new email option.
- The new mail window opens with the selected documents attached.
- You can type in the required details and send the email.
The attachment viewer application has an inbuilt filter, using which you can set conditions to filter your attachments and locate them easily. These conditions can be set, based on various entities.
Steps to filter attachments:
- Click the Filter icon in the top right corner of the Attachment viewer screen.
- Set the filter conditions under each entity.
- If you are looking for attachments from a particular group, select the respective group under Groups section.
- In the Attachments from section, select if the attachment was shared via an email, note or any other such entity.
- In the Attachment type section, select the type of document you're looking for.
- If you've tagged the required attachment, choose the tag from the Tags dropdown, for easier filtering.
- After setting the necessary conditions, click Filter.
- The attachments falling under this filter category will be displayed.