SkyDesk Mail as IMAP account - Apple Mail Client
Steps to Configure SkyDesk Mail in Mac Mail Client
For best results, ensure that you have a good internet connection when you configure the account.
- Make sure that IMAP Access is enabled in the SkyDesk Mail interface. (Login to www.skydesk.jp/en/apps/mail/ >> Settings >> POP/ IMAP and Email Forwarding >> Enable IMAP Access)
- Open your Mac Mail application.
- Select Mail >> Accounts >> Click the + icon in the bottom right, to add a new account.
- Choose Add Other Mail Account, skipping the default options provided.
- Specify your preferred Display Name, Email Address of your account in SkyDesk and your password.
- Click Create. Apple Mail will try to auto-discover the settings for your account.
- Click 'Next' to provide the configurations details manually.
- Select IMAP for Account Type. Provide the following details for Incoming Mail Server Info:
- Mail Server: imap.skydesk.jp for personal users, imappro.skydesk.jp for organization users who have their domains hosted with SkyDesk Mail.
- User Name: Your complete email address (email@example.com for domains hosted with SkyDesk and firstname.lastname@example.org for personal users )
Password: SkyDesk Password (You may require Application Specific password if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.)
- Apple Mail verifies the account details and maps the Incoming server details for the account.
Click Next to configure the Outgoing Mail Server Info for the account.
- Provide the following details for Outgoing Server Info:
- SMTP Server: smtp.skydesk.jp
- User Name: Your full email address (email@example.com for domains hosted with SkyDesk and firstname.lastname@example.org for personal users )
- Password: SkyDesk Password (You may require Application Specific password if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.)
- Click Create.
- The account will get created based on the server details provided. The folders and the emails in the account will be synced with the Mac Mail client.
- In case you get authentication errors, check your IMAP Status. If IMAP Status is disabled, Enable IMAP and try again.
- Check if you have Two Factor Authentication turned on. (accounts.skydesk.jp >> Two Factor Authentication) . Generate and use Application Specific Password, for TFA enabled accounts
- In case you are a part of an organization, the administrator may have restricted access via IMAP to your account. Contact your email administrator for details.
- Often connection errors happen when the server details are incorrect.
- Check if the Incoming and SMTP Server names are correct.
Check if SSL is turned on for Incoming Server and the port number is 993. Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts
Check if SSL is turned on for the SMTP server, Authentication is checked and the port number is 465. Mail >> Preferences >> Accounts >> Edit SMTP Server list.