Web tabs functionality can be used to access the applications created in SkyDesk Creator and link with the SkyDesk CRM data. In order to access the Creator application within SkyDesk CRM, design an application in SkyDesk Creator, add it as a web tab inside CRM and then activate to the selected user profiles. While creating the business application in SkyDesk Creator you can link with the CRM modules (leads, contacts, accounts, etc.). In addition, you can automatically access your secured Creator Application within CRM using SkyDesk Single Sign-on (both SkyDesk CRM and SkyDesk Creator support Single Sign-On).
In order to demonstrate the integration, we created a simple Travel application in SkyDesk Creator that helps sales people plan and log travel expenses. They can then associate them with a particular contact or account. In this application, SkyDesk Creator retrieves a list of accounts directly from the Account module in SkyDesk CRM. You can build this application easily using drag & drop tools and Deluge scripting in SkyDesk Creator.
- SkyDesk CRM - Enterprise Edition
- SkyDesk Creator Paid Plan if you have more than 2 users
Follow the steps given below to link the CRM and Creator application:
- Step 1: Build Travel Expenses App in SkyDesk Creator
- Step 2: Link Travel Expenses App with SkyDesk CRM
- Step 3: Access Travel Expenses App inside SkyDesk CRM
Step 1 - Build Travel Expenses App in SkyDesk Creator
- Open SkyDesk Creator.
Since you are already logged into SkyDesk CRM, you will have direct access to the SkyDesk Creator.
- Build the Travel application.
- To retrieve a contact from SkyDesk CRM - Contacts module to Creator, write Deluge script as shown below:
contactsList = zoho.crm.getRecords("Contacts");
for each contact in contactsList
- Share the Travel application with the selected Users.
- SkyDesk Creator allows you to add 2 users and 3 applications free of cost. To add more users, you must subscribe to the paid version according to your business requirements. For information on Paid Plans, see SkyDesk Creator - Pricing page.
- Users will not be able to access the application inside CRM, if it is not shared. So, you need to share the Creator application with the group of users before linking it with CRM.
Step 2 - Link Travel Expenses App with SkyDesk CRM
- Click (the Settings icon) > Setup > Customization > Modules > Web Tabs.
- In the Web Tabs page, click Create Web Tab.
- Click icon to choose your Travel Expenses App from SkyDesk Creator.
- In the Creator Form Details page, select Travel.
- Select the profiles to activate web tab to the users.
- Click Save.
- Click (the Settings icon) > Setup > Customization > Modules > Organize Modules.
Make sure that the web tab you created is listed under Selected Tabs.
- Click Save.
The Travel tab will be available in your SkyDesk CRM account.
Step 3 - Access Travel Expenses App inside SkyDesk CRM
- Click the Travel tab.
- In the Travel View page, click the Add link.
- In the Add Record page, specify travel details, such as Type of Travel, Department, Location, Account Name and From/To Date.
- Click Save.
- The travel expense details associated with the contacts are added.