- Customize sign-up form fields
- Make fields mandatory
- Mark hidden fields
- Add custom fields
- Design sign-up form
- Add users to multiple mailing list
- Activate CAPTCHA
In customize phase, you can design the overall look of the sign-up form. In this section, we will take a walk through different level of customizations such as editing fields, add logo, add background image, change color, change font style, add captcha, etc.
To customize your sign-up form, follow the steps below:
- Go to Contacts >> Mailing Lists >> Sign-up Forms
- Click the customize link corresponding to the form you want to customize.
- Navigate through the form to edit the following:
- Customize Fields - Customize or add new fields to ask subscribers for information
- Customize Layout - Add your logo and customize colors, font style
You can add, edit and delete fields as well as make changes in field name, label, and swap field positions.
You can add fields to your sign-up form by dragging the selected field to the sign-up field setup. Once you add the field, it’ll prompt you to edit the field properties such as field name, title, text and other options.
To edit a field,
- In Customize page, click the Customize Fields button present on RHS.
- In Custom Fields pop-up, click the Settings icon to edit the field properties.
- This will prompt you to a pop-up called Field Properties. Here do the following:
- Field Label – This is a default name given by SkyDesk Campaigns to a field.
- Field Title – This will help you to name the fields that can be easily understood by subscribers.
- Field Text – If you think space is a constraint in your sign-up form. This will help you out by adding text inside the fields.
- Mark as required field – You can make fields mandatory to get specific information from the subscribers
- Mark as hidden field – You can hide a field from subscribers. When a contact tries to sign up for the form, the hidden fields auto-fills itself. Later, you can filter the contacts based on hidden field as criteria and create segments to target the set of subscribers.
You can create your own custom fields for your sign-up form where you can get the extra information from your subscribers. With Custom fields, you can get any type of information, set character limit and use them to save data which are specific to your business.
To create a custom field,
- In Customize pop-up, click the + icon to add a custom field.
- In Create Custom Field page, add the custom field type and provide the following:
- Field Label – Give a name to the custom field.
- Field Length – Decide the length of the field.
You can customize your sign-up form using design tools present on the right hand side. For example, you can change the font, size, or apply a different font color. Let’s take a look at each attributes.
Page - This is the outer space of sing-up form theme and can be customized by changing the background image, color and padding.
- Background Color – You can add a background color to the page. It helps to complement the page
- Font – It will let you to edit the font type and color
- Padding - You can increase and decrease the space between the page border and the body by adjusting the pixels.
Background Image - This is same as a background color but it uses an image you specify the page instead of a color.
To add background image,
- Go to Customize --> Layout Customization (present on RHS)
- Under Page submenu, click Add background Image link
- Once image upload is successful, click the Edit icon to edit the following:
- Size – Adjust the size of image at your convenience
- Fit to Full Size – Set image size to fit the sign-up form
- Position X – Adjust image along X axis
- Position Y – Adjust image along Y axis
- Repeat – Repeat image along X and/or Y axis
Add Logo - You can add company logo to your sign-up form.
To upload an image for the logo,
- Go to Sign-up Form --> Customize
- click the Add Logo present in sign-up form
- Maximum size for the image is 1024 x 1024 pixels. The maximum file size is 1MB and supported image file types are *.png, *.jpg, *. Jpeg, *.gif, *.bmp.
Heading – This is the title or name of your sign-up form. You can customize the size, color and font of your sign-up form title.
- Background Color –You can add background color to the heading section of sign-up form.
- Font – It will let you to edit the font type and color
- Padding - You can increase and decrease the space between the page border and the body by adjusting the pixels
- Border – You can increase or decrease the border thickness and customize the border as solid, dotted, dashed or without any border
Body - This is the main space which occupies the sign-up form. You can customize the body by changing the background color and image, border, padding and the text color, font and size present in sign-up form.
Background Color – You can add background color to the sign-up form body.
No Fill – If you don’t want the background color, you can click the No Fill icon
Padding - You can increase and decrease the space between the page border and the body by adjusting the pixels
Font – You can edit the font type and color for the text present in the body
Border - You can increase or decrease the border thickness and customize the border as solid, dotted, dashed or without any border
Form – This is the core part of sign-up form and constitutes the field label and field text. You can customize the font, color, size of different field related options.
Field Color – You can change the background color for the fields
Field Title – You can change the font size, style and color for the field title
Field Text - You can change the font size, style and color for the field text
Field Border – You can customize the border thickness, color, etc.
Required Text – You can decide the color, font size and style for the text to be added in fields.
- Font - You can edit the font type and color for the text present in the body
- Border - You can customize the border thickness, color, etc.
- Border Radius –You can change the round corners of a button.
- Padding Right and Left - You can increase and decrease the space on left and right hand side.
- Padding Top and Bottom - You can increase and decrease the space on left and right hand side.
For your reference, "It is our responsibility to protect your privacy and guarantee that your email address will be completely confidential" in the footer section of your sign-up form.
Include Multiple Lists - You can choose this option if you want the subscriber to sign up for more than one mailing list. Once you select this option, you can select the available mailing lists present in your account.
To include multiple mailing lists,
- Under Other customizations, select the check box for Include multiple Lists
- Click the List Customization link.
- You will get a pop-up page with available mailing lists. Drag and drop the mailing list from the RHS panel
- Click Save to proceed
- You can rearrange the order of mailing lists by drag and drop of move icon.
- You can also edit the List Title for the mailing lists.