What is Two Factor Authentication?
Two-factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account. Once enabled, Sign-In will require you to enter a unique verification code generated by an app on your mobile device or sent via SMS text message, in addition to your email address and password.
How does the SkyDesk TFA function?
Once you enable the SkyDesk Two Factor Authentication, it will generate a unique verification code for your account, which you will receive on your phone via SMS text, voice call or using Google Authenticator mobile app. This verification code along with your password will help you to access your SkyDesk Account. So, you'll protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone). Hence TFA uses two layers of protection to make sure that nobody else but only you can have access to your SkyDesk account.
How can I enable my TFA?
To enable your TFA, carry out the following steps:
- Go to your SkyDesk accounts, click on the Two factor authentication tab on your home screen
- You will be asked to select the mode by which you want to receive the verification codes
- Select the mode you prefer i.e click SMS text message/voice call or Google Authenticator
- To receive verification code via text message/voice call, enter your mobile number to which you want us to send the code and click either text me(in case of SMS text message) or call me(in case of voice call)
- To verify, enter the received code in the space provided, tick the trusted browser option and click verify
- For TFA using google authenticator, follow the steps given in the next question and continue with the same steps given below
- Enter your password and click Turn on
- You will be taken to a settings page wherein you need to provide your back up phone number and get your code on the number by clicking Send code
- Enter the verification code and your current password and click Verify, you will receive your back up verification codes
- Save or print the verification codes and continue
- Your TFA has been successfully configured
How can I use Google Authenticator to enable TFA?
For this, you will have to first install Google Authenticator in your phone and follow the below steps:
- Using the App, scan the bar-code image given in the settings page of TFA
- If the image does not load properly, in the Authenticator app, select the Time-based as algorithm type
- Enter the secret code manually given below the settings page in your app
- The Authenticator will now automatically generate a six digit verification code
- Fill the verification code, tick mark the Trusted Browser option and click Verify
How can I disable my TFA?
To disable your TFA, carry out the following steps:
- Go to your SkyDesk accounts, click the Two Factor Authentication tab on your home screen
- Click the box shown below
- Enter your password and click the Disable option given below
What will happen if I do not check the "Trusted Browser" option?
If you check the "Trusted Browsers" option on the Sign-in Code Verification page, then verification code won't be asked for next 180 days, when you sign in to your account using the same browser on the same computer. Otherwise, verification code will be asked each time you Sign-In to your account.