Frequently Asked Questions
- Email Address
- Two Factor Authentication
1. Email Address
Why do I need an email address?
Your Email address is the location in which you will receive all the important notification mails from various SkyDesk services. It is very important for authentication purpose and password recovery in case you forget your password somehow. Any new user who wants to register with SkyDesk needs to enter their email address. A confirmation mail along with a link is sent to this particular address which the user is supposed to click within 30 days to confirm an account with us. All communications regarding sharing of documents/presentations/notifications will be mailed to the email address that the user specifies at the time of setting up an account with SkyDesk.
Can I edit my primary email address?
Yes, you can edit your primary email address if you want to. To edit your email address, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Log on to your SkyDesk account at: https://accounts.skydesk.jp/ and click the My Profile Info tab >> Email Address
- Click the Edit option to the right
- Enter Your new email Address and password in the test box that shows up and press Update button
- A mail will be sent to new mail address
- Click the confirmation link
- If in case you do not receive the mail, click on the Resend Confirmation Mail button to receive the confirmation mail again to your new email address
Can I add a new email address to my SkyDesk account?
Yes, in case you wish to retain the existing email address and wish to add a new one, please do the following steps:
- Log on to your SkyDesk account at: https://accounts.skydesk.jp/
- Click the My Profile Info tab
- Click the Email Address link and then click Add Email button on the right
- Enter a new email address in the text box
- Click Add Email
- It will get added as your secondary email address
How can I make my new email address as the primary email address?
To make your new email address as primary, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Add your new email address as explained in the previous question
- Click the Make Primary option available on the right of this new address
- Enter your account password and click the Make Primary button
- The new email address you gave will get added as the primary address
- Now click the Resend Confirmation Mail button to receive the confirmation mail again to your new email address
How can I remove my secondary email address?
To remove your secondary email address, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your SkyDesk account using your email address and password
- Go to My Profile Info and click Email Address
- Click the Remove option available in the Secondary email section
- Your secondary email will be successfully removed
I did not receive the confirmation mail after setting up my account with SkyDesk. What do I do?
At times, it may so happen that the confirmation mail that we send as part of the registration process is not received by the new user to their Email address with which they registered with SkyDesk. The reason could either be attributed to the users providing "incorrect email address" when signing up or the mail being filtered as spam/finding their way to the bulk folder. If the email address is not confirmed it will be marked as "Unconfirmed" along with the resend confirmation button next to it.
There are 2 ways by which a user can resend the confirmation mail:
a) If you are already signed in to your SkyDesk account:
- Go to the 'My Profile Info' tab and click the Email Address link present on the left panel.
- See whether you have given your correct email address without any spelling errors.
- If the email address is incorrect, please click on the Edit link to the right of it
- Enter the correct email address, your current password in the text box that shows up and press Update button.
- In case the email address is correct, simply click the Resend Confirmation Mail button next to it and click Send Mail.
- You will get the message in a band conveying that the confirmation mail has been sent successfully.
b) If you have signed out from your SkyDesk account:
- Go to your Sign in page, enter your email id and password, click the sign-in option.
- You will be forwarded to the Verify email address to activate your account page.
- In case the email address is correct, simply click the Send Verification email option.
- If not, click Edit, provide your correct email id and then click the Send Verification email option.
I am getting an "Invalid Confirmation !" message when I click the link provided in the confirmation mail. What's wrong?
New users signing up for SkyDesk Services have to click on the confirmation link within 30 days of receiving the email from us. If for some reason users click the confirmation link after 30 days they get an "Invalid Confirmation!" message. In that case users can confirm their account again by re-sending the confirmation link to their email address with which they had set up an account with SkyDesk.
I can't sign in to SkyDesk account. What can be the reasons?
If you are not able to sign in to the SkyDesk account, the most probable reasons are: Either you have entered an incorrect email address Or you have keyed in an incorrect password (remember, the password is case-sensitive) Please check if your Caps Lock button (On/Off) in the keyboard before typing in your password.
How do I close my SkyDesk account?
To close your individual SkyDesk account, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your SkyDesk account
- Click Preferences on your home screen and click the Close Account link present at the bottom of left-side panel.
- Once you click the Close Account link, you will be asked to enter the password again along with the reasons for switch.
- Enter password, select reason for switch and then click Close Account link to permanently close your skydesk account.
- Once you close an account, all the information/data associated with your account will be lost.
In case of an organizational account, only a Super-Admin can close the account. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- If you have domains added to your account, please log in to SkyDesk mail suite
- Go to control panel --> Domains --> Delete your Domain
- If you donot have a domain, log in to SkyDesk mail suite
- Go to control panel --> Dashboard --> Delete organization
- Once done, log-out and access https://accounts.skydesk.jp/u/h#setting/closeaccount to close your account
I have closed my SkyDesk account. Can I somehow access it once again?
No, as per our security policy, closed user account cannot be restored/reactivated. All the information/data associated with your account will be lost with you closing the account.
What is the "Keep me signed in" box?
If you tick the "Keep me signed in" box, you will stay logged in even if you quit the browser and turn your system off and that session will expire after 7 days. If you leave the box unchecked, you will be logged in for a "single session" - if you close your browser you will get logged out automatically, so no need to "log out".
I want to edit my personal details. How can I do that?
To update your personal details, follow the steps given below:
- Go to your SkyDesk account using your email address and password
- Click the My Profile Info tab and go to Personal information
- Edit and update your details and click Save
- Your personal details will be successfully updated
I want to upload a profile photo for my SkyDesk account. What do I do?
To upload your profile photo for your account, simply follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your SkyDesk account using your email address and password
- On you home screen, selsct the central tab that shows your name and email id
- To choose a photo of your choice, click Upload a photo from your computer
- Select your preferred photo and click Upload
- Photos of specific dimensions can only be updated, so u may have to crop your photo to upload
- To crop, select the section of the photo you want to display and click Crop Current Photo
- You profile photo will be successfully uploaded
How do I delete users from an org account?
To delete users from an org account, follow the steps given below:
- Login as an administrator at: https://mail.skydesk.jp/cpanel/index.do and click Control Panel at the top right
- The control panel will list data related to organization, user management, domains and organization groups on the left-side panel
- Clicking the User details link, present in the left-side panel under Control Panel, will list all the users in the organization along with their status as active/inactive
- To delete a particular user, select the user and select the "X"option available on the right hand side of that user
What is my password?
Your password is the secret word or phrase that you must use to gain admission to your SkyDesk account. You create your password when you signup to your SkyDesk account.
What should my password contain?
If you have a personal account, your password should follow the below two specifications:
- Password length should not be less than 7 character
- Password length should not be greater than 250 character
If you have an Organization account, SkyDesk gives you the authority to set your own password criteria for your employees.
To set up your password criteria, carry out the steps given below:
- Go to https://mail.skydesk.jp/cpanel/index.do
- Enter using your email address and password
- Fill up the Password Policy details of your choice and click OK
- In case you do not wish to set up a standard password criteria, than the default criteria will be same as the personal account password criteria given above
I forgot my password, what do I do?
Do not worry, just follow the simple steps given below:
- Click the Forgot Password option available in your Log in page
- Enter your registered email address and type the characters given in the image
- An email with a password reset link will be sent to your email address
- Click the link, enter and confirm your new password and click submit
- Your password is successfully reset
I want to change the password for my SkyDesk account. How can I do that ?
Users can change their password for SkyDesk account by doing the following steps:
- Enter your SkyDesk accounts page by providing proper log in credentials (email address and password)
- Go to the Securiy tab on your home screen and click Change Password
- Enter your current password and new password
- Re-enter your new password and click Save
- Your password has been changed successfully
What is a security question?
The security question along with it's answer helps you to protect your account. In case you forget your password, SkyDesk will use the security question and answer to verify your identity.
How can I enable a security question for my SkyDesk accounts?
You can enable your Security question by following the steps below:
- Sign-in to your SkyDesk account using you email address and password
- Click Security on your home screen and select Security Question
- Enter your current password, type a question of your choice, e.g: "What is your favourite sport?"
- Fill your answer, e.g: Soccer and click Save
- Your security question has been successfully updated.
I cannot create a new SkyDesk account. What are the reasons?
Your account creation may be blocked by our automated system due to any one of the following reasons:- Either Our Service might have received automated requests, from your computer or network, as it may be infected with Virus (or) Spy-ware Applications. Or your connecting network might have been used by a spammer, or infected previously. Hence you are not able to sign up for a new account Please run a virus checker or spy-ware remover to make sure that your computer or network is not infected with viruses and other malicious software.
I cannot sign into my SkyDesk mail. What should I do?
At times, it may so happen that the automated system temporarily blocks users from entering into SkyDesk mail if it detects any threat in the network that the user is using. In such cases, a manual analysis of the problem will be carried out. If we find that there is nothing wrong in the network being used, we will enable the user's account once again after 24 hours. We advise that users run some anti-virus on their network to avoid such incidents.
I forgot to sign out from my account while using a public computer. What do I do?
Don't worry, it does happen at times. We have a solution for this as well. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your account from your personal/office computer
- Click Active Sessions on your home screen
- Click Close all other sessions
- You will be successfully logged out from all other devices
I have been asked for "verification code" every single time I try signing in to my SkyDesk account. What is the matter?
This happens when you do not check the "Trusted Browsers" option while enabling TFT. If the problem persists even after checking the "Trusted Browser" option and you are still asked for the verification code in the next sign in then you need to make some changes in browser settings. The trusted browsers are stored in cookies. It may so happen that the cookies may have been removed due to changes in browser settings.
Follow the steps given below to overcome this situation:
a) For Chrome Browser:
- Go to chrome://settings/
- Click show advanced settings
- Click Content Settings under Privacy Select
- Allow local data to be set (recommended) under Cookies
b) For Firefox browser:
- Go to Edit -> Preferences
- Click Privacy
- Select Remember History under History tab
How can I see my activity history for my SkyDesk account?
To view your activity history, simply follow the steps given bellow:
- Log in to your SkyDesk account using your email address and password
- Click the Activity History tab on your home screen
- Your SkyDesk service activities along with the latest time of using that service will be displayed
Note: You can view your activity history only for the current month.
5. Two Factor Authentication
What is Two Factor Authentication?
Two-factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account. Once enabled, Sign-In will require you to enter a unique verification code generated by an app on your mobile device or sent via SMS text message, in addition to your email address and password.
How does the SkyDesk TFA function?
Once you enable the SkyDesk Two Factor Authentication, it will generate a unique verification code for your account, which you will receive on your phone via SMS text, voice call or using Google Authenticator mobile app. This verification code along with your password will help you to access your SkyDesk Account. So, you'll protect your account with something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone). Hence TFA uses two layers of protection to make sure that nobody else but only you can have access to your SkyDesk account.
How can I enable my TFA?
To enable your TFA, carry out the following steps:
- Go to your SkyDesk accounts, click the Two factor authentication tab
- You will be asked to select the mode by which you want to receive the verification codes
- Select the mode you prefer i.e click on SMS text message/voice call or Google Authenticator
- To receive verification code via text message/voice call, enter your mobile number to which you want us to send the code and click either text me(in case of SMS text message) or call me(in case of voice call)
- To verify, enter the received code in the space provided, tick the trusted browser option and click verify
- For TFA using google authenticator, follow the steps given in the next question and continue with the same steps given below
- Enter your password and click Turn on
- You will be taken to a settings page wherein you need to provide your back up phone number and get your code on the number by clicking on send code
- Enter the verification code and your current password and click verify, you will receive your back up verification codes
- Save or print the verification codes and continue
- Your TFA has been successfully configured
How can I use Google Authenticator to enable TFA?
For this, you will have to first install Google Authenticator in your phone and follow the below steps:
- Using the App, scan the bar-code image given in the settings page of TFA
- If the image does not load properly, in the Authenticator app, select the Time-based as algorithm type
- Enter the secret code manually given below the settings page in your app
- The Authenticator will now automatically generate a six digit verification code
- Fill the verification code, tick mark the Trusted Browser option and click verify
How can I disable my TFA?
To disable your TFA, carry out the following steps:
- Go to your SkyDesk accounts, click the Two factor authentication tab on your home screen
- Click the box shown in the figure below
- Enter your password and click the Disable option given below.
What will happen if I do not check the "Trusted Browser" option?
If you check the Trusted Browsers option on the "Sign-in Code Verification page", then verification code won't be asked for next 180 days, when you Sign-In to your account using the same browser on the same computer. Otherwise, verification code will be asked on each time you Sign-In to your account.